Principal Horn (60%)
The NNO requires a candidate to fill the following position:
Principal Horn (60%)
Audition date : 7 March 2018
Closing date for applications : 17 January 2018
Starting date : As soon as possible
- be an exceptional soloist.
- preferably have leadership experience.
- be able to lead the horn section (including guest players), to guide and motivate the players.
- be able to assist the management when required, in artistic or personnel matters regarding the horn section or the whole orchestra.
- be a team player who feels at home in a symphony orchestra.
- have a positive, studious and flexible attitude.
Terms of employment:
- The contract is initially for a probationary period, which can be extended, becoming a permanent position if both parties are in agreement.
- 60% contract comprising 85% playing (= 51%), the remainder to be used for tasks as section leader.
- Required to play 3rd , 5th of 7th horn and Wagnertuba when necessary.
- Salary: scale 3 as in the Dutch Orchestras' Collective Labour Agreement.
- Contribution to the ABP Pension Fund is compulsory.
- There are three parts to the selection procedure. Firstly an audition is held to assess if the candidate has the required artistic qualities to be considered for the position. Secondly, an interview takes place in which the candidates affinity with the orchestra, his/her social, leadership skills and qualities will be discussed and assessed. Finally, part of the selection procedure consists of assessing the candidate's strengths and weaknesses giving clarity to expectations of the leadership role.
- Applications should be sent in writing (by email) and should include a motivation letter along with a Curriculum Vitae.
- Applicants should be either EU citizens or in possession of unrestricted Dutch work and residence permits. Selection for the audition will be made based on the written applications.
- The application, along with proof of nationality and copies of work and residence permits where required, must be received by 17 January 2018.
1. W.A. Mozart, Horn concerto’s No. 4, K. 495, first movement
2. R. Strauss, Horn concerto’s No. 1, Op. 11, first and second movement
3. Orchestral works
The orchestral works will be disclosed with the invitation for the audition.
The audition will take place in Groningen. For further information regarding terms of the contract please contact Hedi Boersema, NNO HR Advisor. For more information regarding the audition procedure please contact Aaltje Wouda, NNO Auditions Secretary.
email : firstname.lastname@example.org
telephone : +31 (0)50 3695800
Noord Nederlands Orkest
Online since: 10-12-2017
Online until: 17-01-2018